Sunday, November 2, 2008

Falling Back an Hour

Having forgotten about daylight savings, I was happily surprised to find myself with a spare hour today. What better way to spend it than wallpapering something, yes?

I used the fir tree design in black and white to add an unexpected pop of nature to a drum lampshade. I just brushed on a very thin layer of wallpaper paste to the inside using a sponge brush and then flattened the wallpaper onto it with my hands. Super easy!


Lit in Seattle made the shade above from the feather design which was the inspiration for my project. I really love how you can only really see the pattern when the light it on. It is a very subtle way to add more pattern into any room.


I also had a little time to leaf through my November Elle Decoration UK this afternoon and got a big kick out of seeing ferm LIVING's branch design in a Le Klint advertisement.

Also, in this month's Elle Decor, I bumped into two more of my favorite things -- Kahler's striped vase (which we'll be featuring in our new shop, Hygge & West, launching next week!!!) and Rob Ryan's adorable tile.

Luckily, I'm already the very happy owner of a Rob Ryan tile which Aimee gave me for my birthday. It's very fitting for this blog entry, as is says "You bring light to the world." While that certainly isn't always true, I appreciated the thought tremendously! Thank you, Aimee!

No comments: