Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Where in the World?

Is Hawaii?? Mike and Vivi-Ann just put up a Map of the World Wall Sticker in the living room of their San Francisco apartment. And, it looks so cool! The map is one of my very favorites. Vivi-Ann happens to be a dear childhood friend of Trine (ferm LIVING's fabulous designer and creative director in Denmark) and my newest friend!

Vivi-Ann and Mike got married last year in Hawaii where Mike grew up. Here, Mike is pointing to the spot where Hawaii should be. Hmmmm, you make an interesting point, Mike. Please don't take it personally!

Vivi-Ann also volunteered to teach us more about Hygge, a Danish concept that Aimee and I have both been quite struck by. It is all about being cozy, investing in quality not quantity, taking pride in what you have now, and appreciating the smallest moments and the time spent with family and friends. Basically it is exactly how I want to live (from my limited understanding of it, anyway). That's Vivi-Ann above teaching me lesson one in living hygge - play hooky once in awhile and don't be afraid to express your inner child!

Actually, I think my friend Kate's baby, Olivia, ended up with the lead role of hygge mentor! It was her first birthday today, and she loved showing us all how to put your hands up high! Happy Birthday, Olivia! And, thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us Vivi!

No comments: