Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Throne Fit for the Kingflower

I've never actually understood how some people can spend so much time hanging out on their porcelain thrones -- reading magazines, doing crosswords, etc. Until now... I LOVE these pictures that Kim sent us of her upstairs bathroom and could, I admit, imagine spending some lovely moments in there.

Here's the rather dreary before:



And the fabulous after:


The antique roll holder and mirrors really add to the boudoir vibe the Kingflower brings. And it's a perfect example of the impact wallpaper can have in a very small space. Kim's father-in-law did the hanging and then added the molding - excellent work, George! And Kim, excellent work landing such a handy (and presumably patient) father-in-law. Thank you for sharing your photos - enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVE our new bathroom! Everyone comments on how the wallpaper really changed an akward, uninviting space into an elegant split bath. I thought my husband (who spends the most time in that room!) would not like the flowers but he loves his new "throne!"

Anonymous said...

I think it's absolutely stunning! I have to admit, when I first heard Kim was putting the Kingflower in her bathroom I thought the design was too big and showy, especially for a small room like that, but I was (gladly) proven wrong. I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

very classy and actually makes the bathroom look larger than it is! great job!