Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fort Fun Nursery

Yesterday, I got an email from my best friend from college, Mary, who is having some trouble with her nursery. As in, not a whole has been happening to get it ready for the arrival of their baby girl this summer! Because daylight savings seems to be screwing with my ability to sleep, I decided to put together a little plan for her room late last night. In keeping with Mary and John's desire to keep the room fairly unisex, I started with this lovely dotty pillow in dusty aqua.
Then I mixed in a couple Darling Clementine pillows from our new collection with complimentary colors and picked a neutral organic bedding from Land of Nod where they registered. I love the simple, pure feeling of this bedding.

For the walls, Benjamin Moore's Icing on the Cake or Irish Mint (or maybe I picked these because I was hungry, might need to reevaluate...) appear to be a similar color to the dusty aqua pillow. Do the trim in simply white or super white.

Next up, some graphic elements from Ikea - a striped rug would be so great in a baby's room, and I thought that fabric could easily be turned into some pretty curtains. The navy lamp works with the throw pillows and the pendant lamp adds a soft, girly element.

Finally, a few natural elements - a woven stool, birch tree wall sticker, this cool abacus art thing. And, this lovely "you are my sunshine" wooden plaque is just perfect for a baby girl! Okay, Mary, call me with questions :)

No comments: