Monday, November 30, 2009

Room Dividers?

Last week, I figured out where I'm moving to next and here it is. Pretty, right? I went for quality vs. square footage :) I'm not 100% sure I can convince my new landlord to let me wallpaper, but I am 100% sure I can't live without wallpaper. So... I really want to wallpaper a room divider type thing. I'm having trouble finding one though.

I want it to end up looking like this.

But with this fir tree pattern.
Which, as a side note, I think will work nicely with this rug I want to get via Remodelista. Anyway, does anyone know where to find cheap, simple, wallpaperable room dividers?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought if I needed a room divider, I would make it. Buy 3 pieces of wood (not sure what kind), wallpaper each one, then attach them with hinges.

Aimee said...

Hey crafty, we can buy some plywood and hinges and make one of those babies when you come back. LOVE the new apartment :)

Christiana said...

DIY it is!

Princess Peppernut said...

I reckon plywood is a bit to thin for a roomdivider. Maybe better to use MDF? Good luck on the crafty bit and hope to see some results on your blog soon!

Amy said...

I know I've seen d-i-y things where people have made them out of inexpensive bi-fold doors. Here's an example of the doors from Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.com/Doors-Windows-Doors-Interior-Doors-Bi-fold-Doors/h_d1/N-5yc1vZapvvZ1xit/R-100002369/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Amy said...

Or, here's more specific instructions from HGTV: http://www.hgtv.com/decorating/build-a-hinged-room-divider/index.html

Christiana said...

Oh wow, thanks so much, Amy! Those directions are perfect! I'm going to attempt this project next month, will keep you posted...

Carolyn said...

Ditto the recc to look into bi-fold doors- I just saw that the young house love ppl made one for their basement (not wall-papered) out of doors they got @ the Habitat for humanity Re-Store, and they even came w/ hinges.