Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What's Your Style?

Just wanted to do this fun challenge over at From the Right Bank to try to find my design style in one photograph. It is proving to be impossible, but the above is extremely close. I'm envisioning some ferm wallpaper on a small accent wall not pictured, which would then make it PERFECT for me. I adore the dark floors with the pure white walls. The farmhouse table with classic bertoia chairs is a blessed combo. The simple, spare mantle with the modern artwork is perfection, and I'm a huge sucker for dramatic chandeliers.

To find the picture, I was going through my desk top files which I miraculously have sorted into different rooms so that I can drop in interior photographs I come across from various design blogs, etc. This above picture was the other one that struck me. The floors here are my dream, and the dark walls and window coverings are luxurious yet minimal. The simple glass lighting and exposed shower pipe = ahhhh... Plus, of course, that this bathtub is in a bedroom is genius. Anyway, as I went back to figure out where these photos came from, I realized they were both from the same home of Jenna Lyons, creative director at J.Crew. This not only confirms that I am very drawn to a particular style, but also that I need to be shopping at J.Crew more along with another of my idols, Michelle Obama.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

It's a little eerie how similar our rooms are. And strange because our houses look nothing alike :)

Tiina of livingConcept said...

beautiful! the painting is gorgeus!

//tiina

liviaconcepts.blogspot.com

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

Thanks so much for playing along! I'm a huge ferm LIVING fan (been debating wallpaper patterns for MONTHS) so it's especially a thrill for me to have you participate! I've been completely in love with Jenna Lyons' house too ever since I saw it in Domino. Every one of her rooms is drop dead gorgeous and the dining room is pure perfection. Thanks again!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

I LOVE your choices! I think you and I have very similar styles :)

That fireplace, rustic table, and bertoia chairs in the first is perfect!

Then, the black tub with those gorgeous chevron floors....to die for!

Thanks so much for posting these. I've saved them in my file :)

Christiana said...

Thank you, Crystal! Just checked out your blog - I love it! Going to go read it some more right now...

BonOrand said...

I love this room - it is the bi-polar opposite of the one I chose - and at least half of me would love to live this way.