Thursday, March 5, 2009

Heaven in HelMel

This has got to be one of my favorite hours tours on Apartment Therapy. Ever! Matt Sams lives in the Helitrope/Melrose neighborhood in Los Angeles and just shared pictures of his delightful home on AT. We were blown away by his use ferm LIVING's feather pattern in his dining room. Simply breathtaking!

I'm really inspired by Matt's style, which he describes as "confused." I think it is a genius blend of vintage and modern. So many fresh and unexpected pieces. I love it when homes reflect the owner's personality (which I'm guessing this does), and one can only conclude that Matt must be a very charismatic guy. Based on this interior, Aimee and I have decided we want to be his friend. Then he'd invite us over, and we could all hang out in his dining room discussing the finer points of how ridiculously good it looks...


I love the use of the gold branches too. Very elegant.

And whatever that is on the wall, well, I love that too.

Thanks for the great tour, AT and Matt!

2 comments:

DesignTies said...

This dining room IS fantastic - but what I like the most about this room is how each of the rooms (and hallway) sitting off the dining room have been painted white, with smaller hits of colour that relate back to the dining room found in furniture and accessories... and then grounded with natural & wood tones (opposite from the white used in the dining room). It really is a great space - thanks for sharing!
Victoria from EdinDesigns @ DesignTies

Melissa Banigan said...

I love-love-love the feather wallpaper, and think that the design of the space is gorgeous. I just wrote about it on my blog! Thanks for posting such great pictures.
-Melissa from melifera's designs
www.meliferasmusings.blogspot.com