Monday, October 20, 2008

Art as Wallpaper

My dear friend Laurie was in town this weekend and after surviving my son's birthday party, we went to the Walker Art Center to get some culture (and to check out their awesome gift shop). While wandering, we came across this wall of custom Takashi Murakami wallpaper.


Very cool, though in a trippy, may freak you out to actually have on the walls of your house kind of way. It's perfect for the museum, though. I hope that they'll also bring back the Murakami sculptures they used to have in the lobby.

We also went to the sculpture garden mostly to check out the Jenny Holzer benches. This is my favorite. When Laurie and I were in London a few years ago, we saw her Truisms at the Tate Modern and I've been mildly obsessed with her work ever since. Thanks for coming to visit, Lo!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe I made it into the blog!