Wednesday, September 17, 2008

We're in this Together.

My friend, Rachel, and I just wallpapered an accent wall in the new retail/workspace of her company, speesees! I actually first met Rachel when she was a client just starting her business and I, a lawyer at the time, was so in awe of her entrepreneurial spirit and artistic vision. It is so exciting now to see how successful her business has become. And, of course, it's a lot more fun to be helping her wallpaper rather than helping her with trademarks...

Here's the beautiful new loft space over in the Dogpatch. The light that shines in through all the windows is quite spectacular. As if she wasn't creative enough before, this light is sure to inspire even more lovely work! Plus there will be space for retail, children's workshops and performances. And parties!

Above is the wall of choice!

To get started, one little trick I did was to use a sharpie to make the sides of the paper where the design in black meets the edge black as well. This makes the seam even less visible.

The other important thing is to really concentrate on hugging the seams in tight to each other as you put up each strip. That's what I'm doing here...

There's Rachel rolling paste on to our very last strip (4 hours, 1 bottle of water, and 6 sushi rolls later...)! I was so glad to hear that this introductory wallpaper experience went well for Rachel. In fact, I think she's considering doing more walls now. Another addiction begins...

I love giving speesees baby clothing as a gift (yes, part of that 4 hours included me perusing her clothing displays). And even though there are so many fantastic pieces to choice from, I always find myself drawn back to the above bear jacket. It is too adorable! And, I'm so excited to have an excuse to get another one, because I just found out my brother, Jonathan, and his wife, Beth, are having a baby boy!

They'll be receiving this wall sticker too because I can't think of anything cuter for a baby's room. I've also been thinking that I'd like to be his favorite aunt. Is that wrong?

7 comments:

ann.e said...

it's funny - i discovered your blog a few days ago through i can't remember what. and then this morning i looked on speesees' blog [because I LOVE IT!] and there you were again! small world. small blogging world :)

i love your work!

Catastrophe Waitress said...

what a fabulous workspace that is!

thanks for sharing the clever trick with the marker pen and congratulations on your upcoming aunt status!

Christiana said...

Thank you, both!

Joanna Goddard said...

you are so cute, i love your tee! :)

Anonymous said...

Would you tell me where I can buy the wall sticker? It is so cute!!!!! I love your blog.

Anonymous said...

you'v put some good ideas up. i like the picture of the kitchen from Elle decoration with all the diffrent colours. so the real question is where could i get cups like that from?

Aimee said...

Thank you!

You can buy wall stickers at www.fermlivingshop.us.

Shoot, I have no idea where those cups are from, but, now you mention it, they are so cool!