Monday, June 30, 2008

Barok 'N Roll

I just finished up my new headboard accent project using WallCollection's Barok 'n Roll design. It is one of my very favorite custom patterns offered. But, I thought the black might be better in my bedroom in smaller dose, so chose not to do the whole wall.

Because black is a bit more difficult to work with, to eliminate any issues with the seam showing, I used a Bic pen to color the edges black. Technically speaking, I'm sure there are more professional ways of doing this, but it seems to do the trick.

I then measured the placement of the first strip so that is would hang evenly behind my bed.

Less than an hour later, it was up. Just the wood trim to complete...

One reason I love this pattern is because it looks like it repeats from a distance, but upon close inspection each design is distinct. The cowboy is in the details!

So is the cliff-hanger...

And the peace loving hippie!

And my sky of diamonds :)

A week (or three) later, I finally found the time to put up my wood trim. I'd painted it the trim black, but feared how to make the corner edges meet so allocated several hours to completing the project. It turned out to be much quicker and easier than I'd anticipated - I just used a little saw, a miter box (who knew?) and some little nails, and it only took about 20 minutes total to put up. Although, in hindsight I'd recommend spending 30 and actually measuring the trim length rather than just using an "eyeballing it" technique.

One day, I'd love to meet the designer, Emil Kozak. I suspect he knows how to have a lot of fun! Till then, I'll sleep peacefully with visions of obscure birds and pirate ships dancing above my head...

No comments: