Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back to the Legal World

I was just back in Chicago, and between brunching, shopping and catching up with friends, I stopped by my old law firm's hallowed halls to help my friend, Chris, put up a Map of the World!

He just moved offices so everything was still in boxes. Chris might just be the funniest person I've ever met. And, also the messiest.

I wish I could show you a picture of his old office. Envision as much paper as is stuffed in all the boxes stuffed under and around his desk. It was awesome.

Don't get me wrong though, he's an amazing lawyer, and in fact his office move was quite the upgrade, graduating from one window to two. Unfortunately he no longer has his lake view (unless you look really, really closely into the next door building's windows to see the reflection of the lake...).

Here's me striking a classic lawyer pose. Chris is at a stage in his career where the foot-prop is becoming appropriate (necessary, actually, given his toss it under the desk filing system). We had a friend who loved to prop his feet up on his desk as a first year associate. Seemed a little bold to me. He also wore bow ties. I'm just saying...

Here's our friend Tad, another brilliant attorney, pointing to his favorite state right between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. He's actually a little crazed about his maize and blue (think striped ties Fridays before game day). But, we were all crazy about how nice the world map turned out. Hopefully it'll be a fresh and simple distraction from the complexity and clutter of the legal world.

No comments: